- the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something: as product quality.
- general excellence of standard.
- a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by something.
- the regard that something is held to deserve, the importance or preciousness of something.
- the material worth of something compared to the price paid or asked for it.
- consider something to be important or beneficial.
- the usefulness of something considered in respect of a particular purpose.
- genuine being a word that applies to anything that is really what it is claimed or represented to be.
- authentic, which emphasizes formal proof or documentation that an object is what it is claimed to be.
- truly what something is said to be; authentic.
- authentic, real, actual, original, bona fide, true, veritable; attested, undisputed; *the real McCoy, honest-to-goodness, honest-to-God, the real thing.
- of undisputed origin; genuine.
- made or done in the traditional or original way, or in a way that faithfully resembles an original.
- based on facts; accurate or reliable.