“There is deep reason, history and tradition that
goes into the making and wearing of one’s uniform. Only a member of
the Armed Forces and Civil Services can really relate to this fact.
With the added embellishments of his service and personal accomplishments,
the Veteran feels an immense amount of pride. My products are fabricated
using the same materials that are used in the making of the Dress Blue
uniform as worn by all those who serve.”
Our Marine Corps casket was used in an episode of the
EMMY Award winning television production of the program
that was aired on October 14, 2008 on the
FOX Network in the episode “Birth Marks”.
CLASS B CASKET
MILITARY UNIFORM CASKETS
For the United States Military, tradition and integrity count for everything. These same values have inspired Jonathan Field to achieve excellence in the production of the finest military caskets ever presented. The Honor, Heraldry, and Colors of the service uniform, which has been worn with great pride, can now be replicated in the service casket. These caskets are representative of the service uniform worn by the individual, and decorated in such a way that the design will reflect the service as well as the Veteran himself.
This is an opportunity for Veterans to present themselves as only they can and as they served. The casket is also representative of their illustrious career, personal idiosyncrasies, service bearing and unique experiences. These unique caskets are unlike anything that has ever before been produced. Their authenticity is as pure as the uniform itself, as the Veteran will settle for nothing less. The finest authentic materials, combined with painstaking craftsmanship, rigorous inspection, and service grade compliance are brought together to create a masterpiece.
“I really wanted a commemorative Officers casket for my Father, and Jonathan, you provided exactly that. He was quite pleased to choose his casket before he passed. A warm thank you from Dad, and a big hug from Mom and myself”.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE INCLUDED:
- CASKET is as the Class A which is completely lined using the Dress Blue uniform fabric, or uniform of choice, with trim and buttons, and painted the exact same color. Each handle has attached the Cap Devices, with a branch of service medallion at the head end, and a JF (Jonathan Field Collection) medallion on the foot end. Pin Stripe as is the uniform trim.
- MUSIC CD are songs of the branch of service in Chorus and Instrumental. It is to be played very softly during viewing and is a wonderful memento item to be given to the Family.NOTE: As with tradition “I want to go down wrapped in my colors with sword in hand.” And it shall be, as this is how a true Warrior is laid to rest.
- 3‘x5’ BRANCH OF SERVICE FLAG is to be draped over the Veteran from just below the chest on downward. It is NOT a memento item and is to be buried with him at which time the flag extends from the shoulders on down to the foot end of the casket.
- SWORD is to be placed in the right gloved hand with the left hand resting on top of the right hand over the flag. The tip is pointing towards the foot end with the scabbard on the left side at the waist as it would be worn. It can be buried with the Veteran, or kept by the Family as a memento.
- FLAG BAG is used for the folded American Flag. The Flag is to be folded tight and never to be unfolded. The three (3) spent M-1 Rifle Cartridges are inclosed in the velvet bag are to be placed into a fold of the flag and remain with it. A cover emblem is at the top as it would be worn and a Honorable Discharge Pin is displayed just underneath his Rank and Name. The corner is “cut” using his Good Conduct Ribbon. Two (2) Commemorative Ribbons are displayed from left to right: American Defense Ribbon for service to our country, and a Honorable Service Ribbon. A uniform button is displayed, and a Dog Tag is attached which can be engraved with his Rank, Name, and Branch of Service, or his own tag can be substituted. The foam insert is used strictly for display purposes and should be discarded at the time that the flag is put into the bag, or before. The Pin and Ribbons can be removed and his own awards can be substituted. The Flag Bag is kept as a Family memento.NOTE: The honored ritual of handing Old Glory, respectfully folded, to a family member “Honoring the Passing; For Service to a Great Nation” is the way to pay respect to the life and service of a military veteran. It commemorates the commitment and dedication of those who chose to serve their country so selflessly. A sacred military tradition, “Presenting the Flag” recognizes the passing of a veteran from one life into the next. The American Flag is held aloft before the funeral casket, and then folded, allowing the fighting spirit of the veteran to enter the flag and be formally retired forever.
- REGISTER BOOK is for Family and Friends in Honor of the life and passing, and is a wonderful memento.
- CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY and a SYMPATHY CARD with a package of FLANDER’S POPPY SEEDS enclosed which are to be scattered on the grave or a home garden memorial.
- PRESIDENTIAL MEMORIAL CERTIFICATE To honor the memory of honorably discharged deceased veterans. It is an engraved certificate which bears the current President’s signature expressing the country’s grateful recognition of veteran’s service in the United States Armed Forces. This item must be requested and applied for by the Next-of-Kin.
- NOTE: ITEMS FROM CLASS A CASKETS NOT INCLUDED IN CLASS B CASKETS CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY.
ITEMS INCLUDED WITH A PRE-NEED
- CASKET COVER is embroidered with the Branch of Service, Rank and Name, and used for between services and transportation of the casket. After the American Flag is folded and given to the Family, then the Casket Cover is placed on the casket.
- FAMILY CREST is hand embroidered and sewn on to a smaller Honorable Service Display and to be placed at the head end of the casket. It is hand embroidered and obtained from England.
CASKET FOR THE WIFE OF THE VETERAN
I am asked on occasion if I can make a casket for the Veteran’s Wife. Yes, I can and do, with many choices being offered for personalization and the placement of any of the Veterans’ embellishments. It is usually done for pre-need planning for both, or after the Veteran has passed. There are many options offered, personal requests to be considered, and modifications needing to be made.
“Jonathan, I want you to know that these are the most beautiful caskets that I have ever seen, and I mean it”.
Caskets and Stones
Greenwood, South Carolina
“It’s the difference that authenticity makes.”
MILITARY UNIFORM CASKETS
“Why pay more for less when you can pay less for more”
The Jonathan Field Collection
Post Office Box 2138
Sausalito, California 94966
Toll Free: 888.331.2343 ~ Business: 415.331.2220
Mobile: 415:300.7505 ~ Facsimile: 415.331.2228
“Permission must be granted for commercial purposes, in writing, from each of the Branches of Service to use their emblem provided the circumstances under which they are reproduced or used do not reflect unfavorable on
the Service or its personnel and that they conform to the dictates of good taste and propriety.”
Written permission was granted to Jonathan Field in 1996.
Permission to use the Branch of Service emblems in no way implies endorsement of the Jonathan Field products,
for which they are used.